Complimentary with your stay - Nantucket Boat Basin
- Wi-Fi access
- kids' amenities - kid's crew bracelet, look-book, miniature boat
- cable TV
- pump out at slip
- welcome bag
- pet amenities - dog-friendly tennis balls, water bowls, homemade dog treats, disposal doggie bags for use at nearby animal needs park
Here's the Line on Kids' Fishing at Nantucket Boat Basin
Fishing is so much fun on Nantucket for young anglers. We have all you need to provide your kids with a great fishing experience.
- Rods, reels, nets and tackle boxes are available on a first come, first served basis for daily use. A parent's signature is required for your child to use the equipment. There is no charge unless the equipment is not returned on the same day. Equipment is only available to guests renting a slip at Nantucket Boat Basin or staying at The Cottages & Lofts.
- We have designated special locations on Swain's Wharf and Straight Wharf which are conducive for kids to fish. Kids under 12 cannot be left unattended on the docks while fishing. Check daily for location updates on the best spots to catch a fish.
- For the young angler who wants to use live bait, we have crab and bait traps conveniently located near
The Cottages' office. Live bait containers are available to transport the bait.
- Enter the Nantucket Junior Anglers Contests to win a special prize for the heaviest fish. A scale and a measuring tape are available to weigh and measure your fish. Just enter the contest at the Boat Basin front desk on Swain's Wharf by the fuel dock.
Mass Saltwater Fishing License
All anglers must have a valid fishing permit to fish recreationally for finfish in Massachusetts marine waters.
You do not need a permit if you are under 16 years of age, are a fisherman fishing on permited for-hire vessels, or meet the definition of a disabled person in M.G.L. c. 19c. The permit is $10 and can be purchased at http://www.mass.gov/eea/agencies/dfg/dmf/recreational-fishing/recreational-saltwater-permits.html or call 866.703.1925.