Nantucket Boat Basin Services
Check-in at the Boat Basin is at 1:00 pm. Please radio our office on VHF channels 9/11 upon arrival and you will be directed to your berth.
Check-out on the day of your departure should be no later than 11:00 am.
The Concierge is located on the first floor of the Boat Basin office on Swains Wharf. Our concierge staff can assist you with restaurant reservations; bike and scooter rentals; fishing, sailing and airplane charters; pet sitting and babysitting; golf and tennis times; taxi service and more. If you require grocery and ice delivery, luggage transfers or elderly guest transport, mail and package deliveries or power equipment our friendly staff is happy to assist. We're also available to help with more elaborate requests such as party and clambake catering, and on-board massage and spa services.
Pet-Friendly Nantucket Boating
At the Boat Basin, pets are welcome. We provide complimentary pet amenities--dog-friendly tennis balls, water bowls and homemade dog treats. We just ask that you keep your pet leashed, in accordance with Nantucket's leash law. Our animal-needs park at the head of Swain's Wharf is an ideal location for dog walks. Please use the biodegradeable scoopers provided to clean up after your pet.
Additional Boat Basin Services
- Fuel dock service that includes gas, diesel, pump-out, oil, and ice
- Slip-side cable television service
- Power ranging from 30 amp, 50 amp, 100 amp single phase service, 100 amp three-phase service, and 480v power
- Easy access to potable water
- Coin-operated laundry located on Swain's Wharf with change and soap dispensers
- Free Wi-Fi. Ask your dock attendant for the password.
- Boat Basin Authentic Logo Shop on Straight Wharf
- Slip side check-in
Waste Disposal & Pump-out Facilities
Hazardous materials disposal, which includes oil, antifreeze, mixed bilge fluid, and contaminated gas. We also offer complimentary slip-side pump-out facilities at all three wharves from 8am-5pm daily. For waste removal assistance or to schedule a free pump-out, call our office at 508-325-1350.
Nantucket water is among a few remaining on the East Coast that contain commercial and recreational populations of oysters, clams, quahogs, and cold water bay scallops. Therefore we must be diligent in our attempt to mitigate all manner of pollution.
- -Surfactants (soaps and detergents) exhibit toxicity towards marine life and water quality. We must limit the amount of surfactants entering into the water column.
- -Nantucket waters have been declared a federally designated NO DISCHARGE ZONE; do not discharge any treated or untreated sewage or any rubbish or garbage into these waters. The Boat Basin has a free pump-out service for black water and gray water; please call the office to arrange an appointment.
- -Local by-laws also prohibit the discharge of gray water. We ask that you mitigate as much as possible the gray water that enters Nantucket waters. Nantucket Boat Basin has 18 bathroom/shower facilities located among the three main wharves as well as a coin operated laundry facility. We encourage you to use the onshore facilities.
- -When washing your boat, Nantucket by-laws require that you use only environmentally-safe, biodegradable cleaning products. It is illegal to use onboard dishwashers and washing machines that discharge overboard into Nantucket waters.
Recycling & Environment
- -All trash must be in clear plastic bags. Dark or non-transparent bags are not allowed. Clear bags can be purchased at your local supermarket or through the Boat Basin when you arrive.
- -Household waste must be in one bag. This includes food waste, animal waste, paper and cardboard food containers, Styrofoam, and paper products.
- -Aluminum and tin cans and plastic bottles and containers must be separated. These can be in their own clear bag or placed in the numerous recycle bins throughout the marina.
- -Glass bottles and light bulbs must be separated. These also can be in their own clear bag or placed in the recycle bins in the marina.
- -Cardboard boxes may be flattened and placed next to our barrels.
- -Any textiles (clothing, sheets and blankets), electronics, shoes, small appliances, hoses, extension cords, rope, toys, mechanical parts, dirty oil, batteries, or hazardous materials require special handling.
Biodegradable, Safe Products
We suggest only the following list of biodegradable soaps be used.
Starbrite: Boat Wash, Wash & Wax, Supergreen
Mary Kate: Super Suds, Spray Away, Inflatable Boat Cleaner, Cleaning Detail
Sudbury: Boat Zoap, Boat Zoap Plus
Boat Life: Boat Cleaner
Orpine: Orpine Boat Cleaner
SwimmingSwimming is prohibited in the marina for safety reasons. You'll find beautiful swimming beaches located a short walk from the marina or take a dingy ride from the Boat Basin. Please ask your dock attendant or the concierge for directions.
Mass Saltwater Fishing License
All anglers must have a valid fishing permit to fish recreationally for finfish in Massachusetts marine waters. You do not need a permit if you are under 16 years of age, are a fisherman fishing on permited for-hire vessels, or meet the definition of a disabled person in M.G.L c. 19c. The permit is $10 and can be purchased by clicking here or call 866.703.1925.